Friday, January 16, 2009

Darwin and Evolution

Why do I name this blog "Darwin and Evolution". It is very simple. That is the first thing that came to mind when I saw this video.



Now, I find this hilarious on several counts. Lets just work our way through this one step as a time.

I got up this morning. I knew I had to work, but other thoughts ran through my head. Do I go take care of some legal matters? Do I sip on some wine to relax? Should I go to the gym? Should I go to the zoo? Should I call mom? A lot of things run through my head, but for some reason it never occurred to me that I should intentionally set my crotch on fire. Call me weird, but that thought just didn't pop into my head.

Now, lets suppose that I had decided that the best thing to do today was to set my crotch on fire. I suppose that my next thought would be to have a fire extinguisher handy. If not a fire extinguisher, a bathtub full of water might not be a bad idea. It would never occur to me to try to put out my little precious with my t-shirt. That just doesn't come to mind.

But lets suppose that I believe that I can catch my crotch on fire and put it out with a t-shirt. Since we have also decided this is a good idea, my next question has to be, should I let someone see me catch my crotch on fire. My first though would be, well, possibly the fire department, but that is about it. I would never have thought to actually do a video of my burning crotch, much less put it on the web. This just never occurred to me.

So, as with my other blogs, I always try to have a point, and I suppose there is one here. Did you have a bad day today? Did someone piss you off? Did you make a bad grade on a test? Did you get a speeding ticket? Well, I have good news for you. Think about what is troubling you. Then think to yourself, well, at least I didn't set my crotch on fire and post it on the internet for the world to see.

Take Care,
 Steve



Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments:

Followers