Saturday, January 3, 2009

Financial Insanity

I have been attempting to find out the status of some of my financial accounts. My wife managed the finances and hasn't forwarded any of my mail so I could get a handle on these. Today I located my account number for one of my accounts and was able to log in on the web to find my account. I find that my wife apparently reported the address on the account as invalid instead of forwarding my mail to me. So, my bank closed the account and took all the money. I still believe that people are naturally good, but I don't understand these actions. Was I being unrealistic to think my wife would forward my mail?

People kept telling me not to trust her and I guess I should have listened. The cost of the destruction of this family is approaching $100k and that is just on my side. I don't understand people like this and I guess I never will. I know I shouldn't judge, but after trying to defend her actions for so many years, I am tired of looking stupid. I have been told repeatedly by family, our family counselor, and my lawyer about how people like this are, but I guess I was too stupid to believe.

It is hard to have put so much faith in someone and have them attempt to destroy you. I have experienced having all my money stolen, my cell phone number stolen, my e-mail account deleted, my chidren attacked, my attempt to see my children sabotaged, my family abandoned, my family abused, had the cops called on me based upon a lie, attempts to get me fired, attempts to see I couldn't get another job, and my trust continually broken.

During all of this I have did my best to continue to support my family. I have sent all my child support payments, sent my alimony even though my wife said she didn't want it, emptied my bank account so my daughter could go to college, and sent whatever extra funds I could afford in the hopes that my family would be okay.

I have had enough. I have been warned about associating with these types of people and was actually warned even before I got married. Maybe now I will be smart enough to listen.

Steve


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments:

Followers