Friday, January 23, 2009

The Inaugural

The Inaugural is fascinating me. I loved seeing the excitement of the American people and the unity. Now, the coverage of the presidential lunch doesn't do much for me, but the way America seems to have embraced this guy is heartwarming. I was not an Obama supporter, but I do think his election is a wonderful thing for our country. I don't know how well he will do as President, but I think the benefit has already been shown. Maybe we are reaching the time where people will be judged on their character.

There are some things I just don't understand.
  • Why is plumber's crack considered disgusting, while cleavage is cool? I mean, if we are gonna have equal rights, start with the plumber's crack.
  • I don't understand why we should kill a tree to celebrate the birth of Christ.
  • I don't understand why they don't have apostrophe's in alimony. After all, isn't it a contraction for all my money?
  • I don't see why kids find it necessary to use profanity to comment on a myspace video. I suppose it is an indication of poor education. They just don't know any more descriptive terms.

Some quotes from King of the Hill which cracked me up.
  • Louanne: What is a BTU?
  • Hank: That is British Thermal Unit.
  • Louanne: Then there really isn't any bacon in it?
Life is very busy these days. I am doing a lot of work to reduce my bills and investing money to try to be self sufficient. Charles Schwab has a checking account that pays 1% interest. Check out your checking account and I bet it doesn't even come close. You may want to look into it. Yea, I know 1% doesn't seem like much, but one of my CDs is making less than that. Go figure.

I have been trying to resurrect my credit from what occurred a few years back. I had been stressing over this for a long time. Recently I found out about a check that bounced a couple of years ago that hadn't been paid. I just managed to make it to the courthouse and clear it up before it would have went to court. Surprising in this was the day that I had while going on this little adventure. Yea, I got lost as usual, but I actually enjoyed getting out and seeing a bit of the world. I took care of things and made it back to the Hermitage without much of an incident. Sure, I had a few people honk at me. They do that because they admire my driving. But this was the first time in years that I have made a decent length trip without getting sick during or after it. I am very excited. If I can enjoy a trip to the courthouse, there must be even more wonderful places in this world.

I have tracked down the money that was taken from one of my bank accounts because the bank couldn't contact me. It seems the state of Alabama stole it. I am going through some crap, but I should be able to get it back. Needless to say, the bank account was closed and unfortunately I cannot get it re-openned. It was with the phone company credit union and my dad no longer works for the phone company. It is sad because I had that account for over 20 years, but that is what got me looking at Charles Schwab.

Things have been going extremely well with the family. My wife and kids don't contact me, but as I have been told, that is a good thing. The conflict appears to be over and I can finally live in peace. I did my duty for the family while it was a family. Now I get to do what is best for me:)

I talk to mom about once a week these days and I got some very exciting news. She is considering coming to live in South Carolina if my neice moves. This isn't going to happen soon, but it is something to hope for. Mom is getting older and with my health issues we would be able to take care of each other. I like that idea. If I can keep working and get the financial situation straightened out, I should be able to get us a comfortable home to live in. I don't know if this will happen, but I can dream, can't I.

Someone it just seems that my life is all coming together these days. I am working through all the financial troubles. My panic attacks are fewer and far between. The headaches come rarely.. I am doing better at work. It just seems like this is the life for me.

Oh yea, I almost forgot to mention. I am considering getting a dog. I am not sure if I will pay the big bucks for a pre-trained pure breed dog or get a dog from a shelter, but I am considering my options. I would like to be able to rescue a dog from a shelter, but I don't know if I can handle training one. We shall just have to wait and see. Also, I really would love to have another Chow Chow. They are wonderful companions. I am not sure if I will do this, but I am investigating.

Take Care,
 Steve




Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments:

Followers