Sunday, January 11, 2009

Passing Away

Last Sunday night my cousin went to sleep. Apparently he never woke up. Technically he is my cousin, but he was much younger than me and I remember when he was born. He was only 29 years old and they don't seem to know why he passed. This has been terribly troubling to me. He is the only one in the family that apparently went through something similar to what I have been dealing with the last few years, at least from what little I know.

Work is getting very tough. Two more people have been let go and things are extremely tight. I am doing what I can to stay focused. I am feeling a bit healthier and have been to the gym a few times. Hopefully it will help my energy level.

My mom seemed very happy that I made it to Alabama for Christmas. That was a big deal for me. If it had been for anyone else, I would have never attempted it, but I would do anything for mom.

My apartment is looking much better. Once I came up with the wall of furniture concept, everything kind of came into place. I was even able to set up my kitchen table in the extra bedroom. I consider it a brilliant move. I can store stuff under it and do my gardening on top of it. Yes, this apartment is becoming functional.

I went to the gym again today. I did a bit of weight training and it is very evident how far I have gotten behind over the last 9 months. I only stayed a little over and hour because my head was giving me fits, but I am going to give it another shot this evening.

I like these survival shows like Survivorman or Man vs Wild. Both shows basically leave the guy somewhere for a week. It then occurred to me that I could survive in a lot of places for a week assuming I could find some water. They should have a special edition of the show where they decide to let the guy stay an extra week without letting him know up front. Then it would become a much better test of his skills.

Well, I am considering another trip to the gym and working a bit. I just wanted to let everyone know I am doing well.

Take Care,
Steve

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments:

Followers