Saturday, December 6, 2008

Singing The Five Needs

Sorry I haven't been able to blog that much lately folks. I have missed all of you, but I have been very busy with work. Times are tough and layoffs are in the wind. Sure, I would like to move to a different industry, but I haven't figured out how to properly market my psychic breast reading services, so I will have to stick with engineering for a bit longer.

I have been seeing a lot of people with the holiday blues. Strange how people tend to get depressed during the holiday season. Just because you spend all you money, gain weight, and get a ten year old fruit cake in return doesn't mean you should be depressed. This is a time of year to give to other, to spend time with family, and to remind ourselves how truly lucky we all are.

So, I set about coming up with a way to cheer everyone up, sort of as my holiday gift to you. Sure, I could spend lots of money, but it is the thought that counts, so I started thinking. We alll have basic needs and William Glasser identified them as five simple things. Since we know music cures the savage beast, maybe if I can find five songs that satisfy the five basic needs, everyone will be happy. So, I went about searching.

I have come up with five songs, but I theorize that they will be most effective if you sing along as you listen to him. Lets just say you will be getting the five needs spirit.

The first need to be addressed is survival. Well, I think I have an obvious song for this one.


Sure, I know what you are saying. That was a pretty lame choice Steve, but if you sang it, I imagine you are a bit more pumped up now. Getting things off to a quick start works for me.

Now, the next basic need is love and belonging. Oh geeze, now, do you suppose there are any lover songs out there? Yea, it is hard to choose one, but I think I kind find a special one.



Yea, kind of tacky, but I do beleive when those two were singing that song, they meant it. I considered it heart felt.

Now, where were we? The third need I believe. This one may sounds a bit harder to find, but I know just the song. The need is power or recognition. I got the perfect sing along song for this one.



Oooh yea, that had to work. I had one other song in mind, but I decided to go with the one with the less profane lyrics, after all, you are singing these and you may have kids around.

Well, we are past the hump need and on to need number four, which is freedom. We are on the downhill side now, so when you sing this one, but some heard in it. I have used this one before, but somehow this song just says freedom to me.



Yes, that is one great song. It is definitely one of my all time favorites and you can't help but feel lifted up by it. It tends to make you want to improve this world we live in.

And on to the last need which should be the funnest, since the fifth need is fun. We all need fun. So, what is fun in a song. Well, fun has to mean a song that is simple, straight forward, without some deeper meaning. It is basically just a song that is fun because of how it sounds. I think I gots one for this one too.



Yea, a perfect choice. Lyrics mumbled are fine with that one. Just kinda let the rhythm move you.

Now, I found my five songs to satisfy your five basic needs, so no more holiday blues. If this didn't work for you, drop by my apartment. I will be giving away free psychic breast exams for the remainder of the holiday season. Learn what is in your future:) Okay, okay, if my lame pick up lines aren't working for you, why not try and come up with your five need songs. It might just work for you. Build your list and I will check them out.

Take Care,
Steve

 

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments:

Followers