Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Considerate Headboards

Well, I did it. I bought headboards for my beds. I got one queen sized bed and one king sized bed. I have been wanting headboards for a long time, but this isn't something you just rush into. It takes some planning.

First, you definitely have to decide on a style. I chose to get something manly for my king sized and something a bit more girly for my queen sized.

Second was something I didn't first consider, but thought appropriate to keep in mind. Should I get a fine hard wood headboard, a padded headboard, or a metal headboard. I probably should have asked some of you ladies first. I mean, would you prefer to be laying there going, hmmmm, this is some of the finest wood I have ever had my head pounded against, or would you prefer to go, oh, he was so considerate to get this padded headboard to protect my skull. Yes, it was a difficult decision, but I decided to go with a metal headboard, going for the better to hold onto option. I hope I did the right thing.

I also went by my old gym and bought a years membership. Due to health issues, I haven't been to the gym in about 9 months, but after my successful adventure to Alabama, I decided to go for it. Hopefully I can tough it out. I did do my half hour on the treadmill today to kind of get back into the swing of things.

Happy New Year everyone. Hopefully this next year will be interesting. I just have to send my wife her allowance for the next 9 months, then I am free. That is something to look forward to. I am also investing money and have bought my first CD. Things are going to be pretty tight the next few years while I try to catch up on my retirement savings, but hopefully within the next 2 or 3 years, I will be back in good shape.

I am hoping that the gym thing will help my productivity at work also. I could use an energy boost and I think going to the gym is the way to get it. There are big time concerns with layoffs at work, but I choose to stay positive.

Happy New Year,
Steve


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments:

Followers