Saturday, November 28, 2009

Patriarch

I am a venerable old man, at least according to Websters. Yes, it is a new roll that I am not sure how to handle, but we will do it just like everything else, one day at a time.

Training
When I look back at all I have been through the last 3.5 years, I am beginning to think there was a reason for these trials. What was the reason? Well, I guess it was time for me to grow up. All of the family counseling, psychological training, and philosophy had to be for something. I think this may be it.Click to view

Family
Family was always the most important thing for my father. I realized this at an early age because of our Christmas ritual. After eating Christmas lunch at my grandparents, we would get in the car and spend the rest of the day anClick to viewd long into the night visiting anyone that was remotely related to us. It was pure torture being a kid with new toys to play with, but no time to do it. I can see now why Pop did this. Toys weren't what was important, family is.

Duty
Patriarch sounds like a pretty cool thing. It sounds somehow Greek, classy, and wise. It sounds like you have won some kind of title and everyone should listen to you, after all, you are the Patriarch. That couldn't be further from the truth.

When he bClick to viewecame the patriarch of the family, at times the pressure seemed too much for Pop. He took it upon himself to ensure everything was fixed and everyone was cared for. While this seems wonderful, it is also wrong. You do what you can and don't assign undue pressure on yourself. I wish Pop could have learned this.

Honor
These days I think of myself and family as the same thing. Being a member of a family is both an honor and a duty. Yes, you should be proud of your family, as I am of mine. You should honor your family and resClick to viewpect the differing views within it. You should also cherish and protect the values that bind your family together, which is what makes being a member of the family such an honor.

Legacy
Like Will Rogers, we would all like to be remembered fondly. Yes, someday, we will all reach the end of our journey and the only thing we will have left is how we are remembered. This is part of why charity, maintaining the family, and putting others first is so important. It is why I studied so hard and it is what drives my actions these days. I don't know how long i will be here, but I will be remembered fondly.
Oregon Trail
My boss mentioned getting me to come to Oregon for three months. I thought he was kidding. Earlier this week he said he is having trouble making it happen. I should hope so. Can you imagine leaving your apartment and things for 3 months straight? He did say he would pay for Scooby to come too.

Bills
One of the things about getting older is that you have more money reserves and are betting handling the money that you do have. The money you have is not yours. It is the families. I didn't view it until I realized how much I am inheriting. How can you not think that inheritance is a way for the family to improve itself.

Wise
Just becauseClick to view you are older, doesn't mean you are smarter or always know what is best. Being older means that you are more experienced. If you are smart enough to realize you don't know everything, then you are truly wise.

Auburn
Unfortunately my Auburn Tigers lost the Iron Bowl, 21-26. But Alabama was the number 2 team in the nation. Auburn had a completely new staff and a severe lack of players. The players played their hearts out and I am very pleased



Take Care,
 Steve




No comments:

Followers