Saturday, November 8, 2008

Mr. President

I was very glad to see Barrack Obama win the presidency. It has nothing to do with his political views, because I disagree with a lot of what I have heard from him. It is that I consider having someone of a different nationality a major step forward in this country. I have seen a lot of criticism of him, a lot of it is the same things I would criticize if I chose to look for the bad. The thing is, don't assume things are going to be bad. Judge the guy by his results.




The other day I suddenly realized I have made it to a major milestone. I have finally contributed all I can this year to my 401k. I didn't even realize it until I saw my paycheck amount suddenly jump up. That is huge. What has gone on during the last few years has put me in a bad situation in terms of retirement because I basically lost 10 years of my life including savings for retirement and payments on a home.

Now I am in catch up mode. Suddenly I am worried about having to retire early and somehow paying my own way. I can't burden family. Hopefully I can now find somewhere to put this extra cash and save up for my annual molesting by the IRS. With no deductions, it is rough.




Yes, I am still watching the Dog Whisperer and have become very fascinated with his technique. I think I am getting much better at handling aggressive controlling personalities, although I am always looking for opportunities to test my skills. Growing up I hadn't ever really experienced anything like it, and it is different. It may be a cultural thing. Us southerners are a bit more laid back.




I am wondering about the trip to Alabama for Christmas. I have been feeling pretty good for about a week, but the anxiety attacks kicked in again today. I can't figured out what triggered it. It just happens. Part of the reason I am blogging is because I don't like becoming stagnant, and that is exactly what the anxiety attacks tend to create. You just want to sleep until it is over. I am really going to have to be careful at Christmas. I have gotten stuck out on the road with this crap several times, and it ain't fun.




My family seems to be doing pretty good. I talk with mom once every week or so and she seems happy. My niece's baby, Scarlett, is growing up quickly and I am looking forward to meeting her for the first time for her first Christmas. I must find some way to spoil the crap out of her.




My other niece is pregnant and she isn't married. From what I have heard, she and her boyfriend don't believe in marriage. I find it incredibly sad that someone would create a kid knowing that they would not give the kid the family that they deserve. I don't understand it, but I suppose it is the world in which we live. People don't believe in the power of family, and it is sad.




It looks like I may be off to Oregon again in January. I have been avoiding this because it will be my first solo trip and I will have to do some driving, which is scary. I am not sure how, but I need to figure out a way around this. Business trips are very hectic and I can't afford to get sick while up there.




The pressure seems to be on for me to move back to Alabama. I am more of the mind that Oregon would be better. Maybe I could get where I could go into work again every day. I do feel safe and comfortable out there. It is a beautiful area and my plants would love it.




My brother seems to be doing very well. He came by and visited with my mother not long ago. He noticed that her garage needed some leaves swept out of it and just did it. My mom didn't realize it until after he left. I consider this a very good sign. There is a big difference between doing something looking for praise. It is something else to just do something because you recognize it needs to be done.




Some of you have suggested that I should contact my wife or kids. I did consider it, but after getting some advice of people more familiar with the situation, the answer came back no. Yea, I guess I am the eternal optimist, but it is just like the anxiety attacks. If you don't have them for a while you start to think you are cured and you start thinking they really weren't that bad. Then you let your guard down, and your back to square one. Yes, sometimes I have to go get a reminder. I guess it is just part of growing up.




I have done a bit more on the apartment. I have my candles out and have my fountain set up. Atmosphere is everything. I need to work some more on this apartment this weekend. I have just been hesitant to do too much. I don't want to deal with the back thing again and I sure want this trip through anxietyville to be short.




I haven't been to the zoo in forever. I need to make it a priority to get there. I have been walking a bit, although I have kept it pretty short. I guess the walls are just closing in on me a bit.




I had a bridge come off my teeth about a week ago. What a wonderful experience. Fortunately the dentist was able to put it back in place the next day. Growing old does stink. I can't wait until January 8th. That is when I go in to get my implant finished. It will feel good to have my full set of teeth again.




Yes, I know, I am just rambling about nothing. I really don't have a lot to say, but wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I have been trying to blog on several topics, but the flow just isn't coming at the moment. I guess I just need to wait until I feel the inspiration.


Take Care,
Steve

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments:

Followers