Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Ish Kabibble

Strange Love Song
Now, this truly unusual.


Thank You
Thanks to all the kind people that left well wishes on my birthday. I feel very isolated where I am. After the loss of my family, it is pretty much just me and Scooby. Mom and baby brother were kind enough to send their best regards also. It turned into a pretty good day. I went and found me a very small birthday cake, about the size of two slices, and everything worked out wonderfully.

Don't Tear Up
I ran across a wonderful site that was put together by a father for a son that he lost too early. I am not sure if you want to visit it, but I found it very inspirational. The love of family is so important to me these days, it is forever in my thoughts. Cherishing the good memories and always looking forward to make new ones is a good way to go through life. Somehow the passing of my father made me realize how much I have to loose. This is a lonely world. I have my mother and brother, but for how long, who knows? That is the message I get from this site. After seeing all the hard work this father put into this, please go by and leave a comment in the guest book.

Knowledge

One of the really cool things about the net is that it is basically an on line library. It really doesn't matter what the subject. You can pretty much go find the answer to just about anything in the vast webosphere. That is basically where I come up with a lot of my ideas these days. I read a lot, mainly blogs and news. But when I hear something and don't know about it, I now go out an search, which is where this blog got it's title. I find the ability to go find out about any information, no matter how trivial, fascinating.

Ish Kabibble
I was listening to a episode of M*A*S*H and heard Hawkeye say the following:
"Who should we drink to, MacArthur or Ish Kabibble?"

Who cares? Well, I guess that would be me. Yea, the comment was funny, but I didn't have a clue who Ish Kabibble was. Off to the world wide web and Ish Kabibble is revealed. Apparently the guy was a comedian. Ish Kabibble wasn't his given name. He changed it from Merwyn Bogue. Yea, you thought Ish Kabibble sounded like a bad name. Now I understand why he changed it.

Organic
If something is organic, it must be good for you. After all, it doesn't have any of these evil toxins. It isn't genetically engineered. How could it not be good for you. Every time I go into the grocery store and marvel in wonder at the products that are organic, and generally cost 50% more. If I wanted to go the organic route, I could do it.

Why don't I? Well, my dog's poop is organic and free. Wow, what a deal. But I don't think I want to eat it. Not to mention there are plenty of organic things that will kill you. How about some organic hemlock? Mmmm, sound tasty? Fads just tickle the crap out of me.

Walking Home From School
I read part of a story about police finding the body of a seven year old girl down in Florida. Apparently she was abducted while walking the mile home from school. Listen up parents!!! If your kid is 7 they have absolutely no business walking home from school without an adult present!!!! Yes, there is blame to go around here. I feel for the parents, but there are some things that should not be allowed. Heck, maybe there needs to be a law making it illegal to leave kids under 15 unattended.

Flying Troubles
Well, I use to fly regularly and never thought too much about it. You kind of put your safety in the hands of highly trained pilots. Learning that some boneheaded pilots lost track of what they were doing while working on their laptops during a flight, maybe I should be more concerned.

Take Care,
 Steve

No comments:

Followers