Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Paraphrasing Confucius


(Stuff)MyDadSays
As usual, this guy is profane, yet philosophical.
"You're being (frickin) dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

Paraphrasing Confucius
Confucius say: "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand".
I say: "Don't sit there listening. You don't learn anything from watching. Get off your butt and learn something.

Confucius say: "Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes".
I say: "Take pride in your screw ups".

Confucius say: "Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it".
I say: "Confucius dated an ugly chick".

Confucius say: "He who will not economize will have to agonize".
I say: "It sucks to be broke".

Confucius say: "It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop".
I say: "Confucius was a slacker".

Confucius say: "When anger rises, think of the consequences".
I say: "You better understand the consequences of pissing me off".

Confucius say: "He who speaks without modesty will find it difficult to make his words good".
I say: "Stop bragging".

Confucius say: "The cautious seldom err".
I say: "If you haven't screwed something up, you aren't trying hard enough".

Enthusiasm
I am not sure what to say about this one. The enthusiasm is definitely there.



I will leave you with that to ponder.

Take Care,
 Steve

No comments:

Followers