Saturday, October 17, 2009

A Really Sick Joke

(Stuff)MyDadSays
The profane philosopher has really outdone himself with this one. This boarder upon a universal truth that we should all live by. It also makes me admire my dog even more. I stand in awe of the profoundness of this statement. As usual, I plagarized the quote below. Got to the guys twitter page and check him out if you can get past the profanity.

"I like the dog. If he can't eat it, or (screw) it, he pisses on it. I can get behind that."

Pakistan
I just read a story about another bombing in Pakistan. This one killed 4 people. It follows a series of bombings that killed 36. It is a shame that somehow people are not able to agree on a form of government. Some of the trouble does have to do with US meddling which basically allowed the Taliban to grow to fight the Russians. The problem is, we didn't take the time to ensure a stable government was set up after the Russians left Afghanistan. We left a country ravaged by war to fend for itself. This is one of the lessons we should have learned from history. The way we dealt with the aftermath of World War I basically set up the environment that allowed World War II. At the end of World War II we realized the lesson and helped to get the defeated countries back on their feet. It is a tragedy that we forgot this lesson in Afghanistan, which basically started this entire mess.

A Really Sick Joke
The other day a friend of mine pulled a prank on their kid and I gave them crap about it. Today, I realized I probably pulled a prank that was much worse. It was probably around 15 years ago. I was in my apartment and I heard a knock at the door. I answer it to find some girl scouts. They are selling cookies.

At the time, I happened to have a long white t-shirt on. One of the girls looks at me kind of shocked and asks if I have any pants on. Well, my sick sense of humor kicked in and I said "hmmm, I don't know, lets find out". As I quickly pulled my shirt up revealing my shorts, the girls squealed. Of course they all giggled once they realized I had shorts on, but it is one of the sickest, yet humorous jokes I have ever pulled. Yea, given spur of the moment thinking, I can be pretty sick.

To end the tail on a positive note, I bought 3 boxes of girl scout cookies, ate them, and gained about 50 pounds.

A Kick Butt Video
I love the happy carefree style of these guys.


Aciphex
There is some new medicine being marketed by the name Aciphex. Who chose that name? Buttflex was already taken?

Indian Amazing Grace
I ran across a very beautiful video I would like to share. I love the images and the music accompanying it is wonderful. I am not sure why I like this so much, but I do think we should view the Indians as our culture and preserve it. I heard somewhere that there were around 60 million Indians at one time and now there are less than a million. It seems terrible to let such a culture die. After all, it is the culture which is unique to our area of the world.


Take Care,
 Steve





No comments:

Followers