Friday, October 2, 2009

New Fangled Thangs

The Glasses Paradox
Man, I hate it when I wake up in the morning and can't find my glasses. Every time I am think that if I only had my glasses, I could find them much quicker. This is a game I play with myself often.

Twitter
Yea, I got a twitter account and now my myspace status is synced with twitter. Now you can sign up to find out amazing facts like:
  • Steve is working.
  • Steve is relaxing
  • Steve is watching a movie
  • Steve scratches butt
I keep wondering if somehow the information age has gone too far.

Cell Phone
I have two cell phone numbers. One is for the number that is splattered on my resume all over the web, meaning all over the earth. The other is a number I had to get to separate out business calls and when my resume number quit working I gave out my work cell phone number to peoples so now I have two. Did I mention I don't use my cell phone? Telephones are bad and I try to avoid them.

Ideas
I kind of think of blogging, and the web for that matter, as a big collection of information. Some of the information is our ideas and thoughts. Now think about it. You are on the web cruising around checking out people's ideas. What is the chance that you find someone whose ideas irritate you?

The One Thing
In City Slickers Curly said that there is only one thing important in life and that it was basically up to you to find out what that one thing is. I figured out my one thing. It is peace of mind. All I need is peace of mind and I am fine. Well, peace of mind and this lamp, and I am fine. Well, peace of mind, this lamp, cigarettes, and diet mountain dew. As long as I have got that, I am fine.

Paula Hitler
I ran across a most interesting website a while back and thought I might share it with you. Yes, Adolf had a sister and her name was Paula. Why would this be of interest. Well, I have mentioned in the path that the inability to empathize is what causes a lot of the world's problems, both large and small scale. Basically, we don't understand someone else's perspective. The website I linked to provides a different perspective, not necessarily right, but different.

Was Adolf's action evil? Most certainly. I think most rational people would agree with that. But was his intent to be evil? I don't believe so. I think he thought he was working for a better world, although admittedly he had a distorted view of what a perfect world would be. This does not say that misguided people should not be held accountable for their actions.

Does this mean we should forgive him? Yes, I believe we should forgive. We should just not forget and endeavor to ensure something like that doesn't happen again. It is this message I attempt to convey. We should seek empathy, the ability to understand the perspective of others. Whether it be in our own personal lives or on a global scale, it will help us avoid a lot of the troubles that have plagued mankind.

New Shimmer
I think I came up with a pretty good example of perspective. You just got to figure out if you are a floor was person or a desert topping person.


Take Care,
 Steve




No comments:

Followers