Monday, December 21, 2009

Goodbye Luanne




Goodbye Luanne
Brittany Murphy - I see where she passed way at the age of 32. She is an actress, but frankly, I didn't even recognize the name. I became curious.

Movies - She was in several movies including Clueless, Girl, Interrupted, 8 Mile, Sin City and Riding in Cars with Boys. The only one of those I recognize is 8 Mile, which I saw and thought was pretty good, better than I anticipated, but I don't even remember her in the movie, which is sad.

King of the Hill - I am a big King of the Hill fan. Recently I saw the last episode and was sad to see it go. Why did I like this show and hate to see it go? The story lines weren't as dramatic as those seen on other cartoons. The characters didn't do as outrageous of things. Even the voices weren't as memorably as some.

The reason I liked this show is that it was provided social commentary while being entertaining. It made me laugh, while not be overly offensive or glamorizing unethical values. It was one of the few TV series that we had that hadn't stooped of the cheap theatrics that so many shows tend to go to these days.

Luanne - She is what I consider an enabling character. Yes, she was extremely naive. She is a stereotypical blond. But she brought an interesting side to the show. Brittany provided a very good voice for Luanne and contributed a lot to one of my favorite shows. I appreciate what she contributed.

Christmas
Family - One of the things I have
learned most over the last four years is the value of family. My family
stuck by me through some troubling times and I will be forever
grateful. If I had listened to their advice over a decade ago, I
wouldn't have gone through these troubling times.



Pop - My father, Pop, passed away and left enough money to support not only
me, but a decent number of people for the rest of their lives. What a
wonderful way to be remembered. He contributed a lot to our family,
even in his passing. While we lost Pop, the trials actually made our
family stronger in a lot of aspects.



Giving - Because of this, this Christmas has become special for me. I have spent
a lot to make sure a lot of family members feel special. I am so
excited. I do hope to set an example now that younger members of the family will follow when they get older.

General

Blogger Wars
- I ran across a little more results from blogger wars. It was an apology and I do appreciate someone willing to acknowledge a mistake. We all make them and I don't pretend to be able to always live up to the philosophy I type here.

What I do believe is that avoiding the drama in the first place and not attacking anyone is much more health. Judging is okay in terms of who you associate with, but it is too easy to get the wrong impression and start attacking someone pointlessly. It is better to just assume you don't have the perspective as them and move along. There is no reason to judge, condemn, or prove yourself right.

Survivor - I was glad to see Natalie when it. I considered Russell a poor example and I don't see how he would want to set such an example. It also provided a good example of how controlling people just cannot conceive of any other way to play the game. In that sense, it was hilarious to see his overconfidence, because while his strategy kept him in the game, it cost him in the end.

Examples
Title - I was very tempted to name this blog examples, because that seems to be the common theme, but the passing of someone should take precedence and is a bit more specific.

Roll Models - Whether we like it or not, we are all roll models. The only question is what kind of roll models we choose to be. As I have mentioned in previous blogs, if you are not the type of person you wish you were, simply act as if you were that person and eventually, that is who you will become. I do believe this.

Advice - Some thing I am very wise from the advice that I give. I assure you that this is very untrue. It is very easy to give good advice, but so very hard to take it. For me, giving this advice is part of teaching myself. I hope that I have learned me something:)


Blogging at mySpace and blogspot.

Take Care,
 Steve




No comments:

Followers