Friday, December 4, 2009

New

Tell me something new, dah, dah dah...

Music
Yes, I am still building my sound collection. The last time I took a count, I had over 18,000 sound files. There is music, TV & movie clips, old time radio shows, and old news clips. One of the more interesting things that has gradually developed is that I am appreciating a wider range of music, some of it going back to before the 50s.

It is strange how taste in music changes as you age. While the music I liked when I was younger was more aggressive, fast paced, and in some ways confrontational; the music I am trending towards now is more relaxing and to some degree retrospective. The old you get, it seems that memories are stored in songs. Playing them brings back the memories.

Wengen
While really not new, it is a new concept to me. Check out the photo to the left. Notice anything? Does anything seem special about this place? I mean, yea, it is beautiful. The trees look real green. I certainly like the colors of the buildings. But there is something that really stands out, where are the roads?

This is a city without cars. Yea, there are a few electric vehicles, but that is about it. No, it isn't some new project. It is a town in Switzerland called Wengen.

They do have skiing here and it is in Switzerland so I suppose it isn't so far fetched to guess that they get snow. My guess is the kids don't get out of school for snow days, but other than that, what a neat little place.

The Evil Butterfly
One of the reasons I listen to more peaceful music is to deal with my health issues. Recently in a discussion with my mom I realized that many of my issues are common to member of my family. So, I am attempting to buck a trend. To do so, I try to think to keep life peaceful and avoid conflict. One of the things I try to avoid is thinking people evil. I just try to realize that I don't see the world from their perspective. Try to picture them as butterflies. How could butterflies be evil?
Catch Phrase
The only superstition I believe in was by Stevie Wonder.

Dictionary
I added a new word to my personal dictionary. The word is labotomy. No, I didn't misspell lobotomy. Check out the definition of it as well as a couple of my other favorite original words.

Labotomy- Forcing yourself to work in a noisy computer lab.


Stupicide - Doing something stupid that causes your own failure.

Nostradumbass - Someone who makes idiotic predictions.

The List
Hey, here is a new idea. Think about the last time you got into one of these good ole fashion knock down drag out blog battles, you know, the good ones where everybody gets involved. Your assignment? Please make a list of all the benefits you gained from participating. This would be a good subject for a blog, but possibly your list will be too long and require a series of blogs.


Yea, this blog has some funky thoughts in it. If any damage should occur from reading this blog, the blog writer should be considered completely irresponsible.

Take Care,
 Steve


No comments:

Followers