Saturday, September 19, 2009

Always, I Mean Never

Confucius Say "Never contract friendship with a man that is not better than thyself."
Well, this Confucius dude seems kind of self centered if you ask me. It really gives a whole new perspective on people that have lots of friends.

Always, I Mean Never
I am constantly running across people that are always talking about other people and what they did to them and why they are so bad. Never allow anyone to have that much control over your emotions. You want to win? Win by never thinking about them. It is the only way to truly win. As long as you are stuck in the blaming mode, you can never move on.

Scooby The Wonder Pup Goes Shopping
One of the neat things about Scooby is that I take him to the grocery store with me. No, he doesn't go into the store. He waits in the car. So, you are thinking that he must have sweated his butt off in the summer while I was in the store? Not so fast my friend. I leave the car running, keys in it, doors unlocked. Am I crazy? Won't someone steal my car? When you have a 103 pound Scooby the Wonder Pup sitting in it, the care is going nowhere.

Knights of Columbus
My guess has always been that Columbus didn't know he had any knights, but I ran into some the other day outside my local Kroger's. They were collecting money for Cerebral Muscular Palsy or something like that. Yea, I dropped the yuppie food stamp on them and they suddenly loved me. Most people just got one Tootsie Roll, but they gave me many. Giving does feel good, plus you get Tootsie Rolls. How can you beat that?

The Da Vinci Code
My guess is that if Leonardo Da Vinci was still alive, he would be amazed at how much stupid crap could be made of so little. He was a scientist, mathematician, engineer, inventor, anatomist, painter, sculptor, architect, botanist, musician and writer. My guess is he would tell some people to get a life.

Patrick Swayze
I was disappointed to hear of the death of Patrick Swayze. There are people you remember growing up, and he is one of those people for me. Everyone I grew up with seems to be growing old or dying. Ted Danson is in a new series on HBO and he looks like a senior citizen. It is amazing how the years go by.

Bored To Death
Ted Danzon's new series is called Bored To Death. I saw the first episode just last night. It is a comedy about a writer that is having trouble writing his second novel, so he decides to try his hand at being an amateur detective. He has a friend that is a comic book artist who seems to dream of being a superhero. Danson's role is more of a high profile magazine editor that is friends with the writer. They like to smoke the sweat leaf together. This series has potential.






No comments:

Followers