Sunday, September 27, 2009

Say It Ain't So


Scooby Speaks

I have finally gotten Scooby to come out of his shell and speak when he wants something. He tickles me. He has a ferocious sounding growl, but always means it lovingly. I love this dog. I know he probably goes and tells other dogs that he doesn't understand what is going on. He growls and I hug him. He is probably pretty confused at this point.

Say It Ain't So
Last night I was thinking I hadn't seen a real good movie in a while, so I went cruising through the pay channels and just picked one. It was a story about a single guy that finally finds his true love, only to discover she is his long lost sister. Well now, I saw potential in that plot line right off the start, and the fact that the movie was a comedy worked well for me.

The movie hooked me with one line early. I have no problem with gay people and I generally think making fun of people is wrong, but some things are just funny. I don't know why they tickle me so, but this line just about made me spit coke out my nose, and it was so simple. Hearing someone mention that this guy doesn't have a girlfriend, this little kid says he is a fagnostic. I am sorry and apologize to anyone this may offend, but that there is funny.

There was also a guy in the movie that was dressed kind of like Jimi Hendrix, but had no legs. He had prosthetics. Our single guy ran into him with his truck while driving to Oregon from Indiana to tell her he found out he really isn't her brother.

There is also the girl's father who is a near quadriplegic who speaks with a voice synthesizer type deal and sounds like a robot. He also has some choice language reminiscent of (Stuff)MyDadSays.

I don't want to reveal too much, but if you want a funny, quirky kind of movie to watch, this one is it. I'm not even going to get into the guy getting his hand stuck in a cows butt. If you can handle the sophisticated humor, go for it.

Are You Clever?
Have you taken a picture of yourself flipping a bird? Have you taken a picture of yourself looking up? Have you taken a pictures of yourself sticking your tongue out? Have you taken a picture of yourself blowing smoke? Have you taken a picture of yourself with marijuana? Have you taken a picture of yourself in a bikini. If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then no, you aren't clever.

A Sweet Friend
A sweet friend messaged me concerned that one of their blogs had upset me. It was basically a blog about that had to do with the importance of family. In a way, it upsets me because like anyone, I don't like to fail. But in reality I have no guilt and know that I always did what I thought was in the best interest of my family, and will continue to do so. Did I make mistakes? Sure, but that just means I am human. In a sense, I feel free now. The burdens were lifted from me and it is no longer my job to fix things. The weight of a family can be a heavy burden if you let it.

But why I decided to mention this here is for a different reason. It is because of how I learned to deal with stress. I have learned to do a pretty good job of controlling what I think about. I look to stay focused on positive things and not get drug down by things I cannot change. Yes, as strange as it may seem, I am still a loyal husband and father, but there comes a point where, just like in War Games from my previous blog, the only way you can win is not to play the game. In this case the best thing I can do for the family is to do nothing, thus putting a stop to the drama. I no longer try to figure out how to fix what cannot be fixed. I accept how things are and have learned to enjoy my new life. But I don't spend a lot of time reading blogs that would get me thinking about all the what ifs. It just isn't a good idea.

Take Care,
 Steve

P.S. To the blogger that messaged me, only the sweet friend thing is about you. Some of the other stuff just kind of coincided with your blog, which I found humorous.










No comments:

Followers