Thursday, September 24, 2009

Caffeine Induced Ramblings

Caffeine Induced Ramblings
Currently my blogs tend to be all over the place. Something comes up and I got to write about it. I am unsure what has prompted this, but it works for me. I hope the blogs aren't too confusing.

Muffin Top
I now know what muffin top means. Now, that should come in handy someday.

Fearing The Night
One of the most irritating things that I have learned to deal with is waking up in the middle of the night. You can't control what you dream about, which makes sleeping one pain in the butt. Fortunately I have blogging in the middle of the night to help me:)

(Stuff)MyDadSays
"You're gonna run into jerk offs. But remember, it's not the size of the (butthole) you worry about, it's how much (crap) comes out of it."

The Colony
There is a TV show on Discovery called The Colony. It is basically survivor in L.A. without voting people out. It is pretty cool in a geeky kind of way and doesn't have quite so much drama. It is just 10 people trying to survive after a disaster. The episodes are available online.

Working For Wal*mart
I find it very stange that some people feel Walmart should pay enough for someone to be able to live and provide for a family. I don't get it. I wouldn't expect to make a decent living working at Wal*mart. Salary is directly proportional to your skill set. If you want to make more money, increase your skill set. This isn't a big mystery.

Virtual Travel
I have had the itch to travel lately. It is something that I use to enjoy, but hasn't been possible in quite some time. So recently, I have been coming up with a substitute. It is something I have done in the past with Saint Helena, a small island in the middle of the South Atlantic. Recently I have been doing the same thing with Key West and the Florida Keys. One of the newer things you can do is go for a virtual drive down streets in cities. Apparently someone went around with a 360 camera and photographed streets in many US cities. You can check this out on google maps. Just select street view or drag the little orange guy above the slider on a map to where there is a yellow line on the map. Here is an example.

This is the entrance of my apartment complex. Notice the yellow line in the photo with the two white arrows on it. In google maps, you use the arrows to drive around on that yellow line. The little bitty image in the bottom right is a view from above. Notice the little orange dude representing where this image was taken from.

You can use this feature to go pretty much anywhere you like. I go back and forth between this and wikipedia to find out more about an area. I also check newspapers and even real estate listings. There is just a ton that you can find out about on the web without ever having to drive there.

So, you thought me weird? I suppose I had to confirm it.

Take Care,
 Steve




No comments:

Followers