Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Temperature Game

The Temperature Game
Okay, I know I am old. I got this weird thing going on where I seem to be playing games with myself these days. I use to like the temperature in my apartment at about 70F, 68F at night sometimes to help me get some sleep. Well, recently I have constantly been feeling cold so I have been gradually bumping the temperature up. Up, up, up it went. Eventually it was set on 76F. Then this morning I woke up sweating and  am suddenly shoving the temperature back down. This goes in cycles of weeks, not days. So, have I really finally lost my mind? It has been getting worse over recent years.

Bad Humor
There are some jokes that I find irritating to some degree for various reasons. Like in my previous blog, I find referring to a guy that never seems to have a girlfriend as fagnostic very funny. But the thing about humor is that you don't go, hmmm, should I find this humorous? Let me consider the ramifications of this. Is it politically correct? Could this hurt someone's feelings? If you are able to think over all that stuff first, it ain't funny. Funny just happens.

It is the same thing with the song Short People that was in a previous blog. Yes, I can see why someone would be offended by it and I don't believe in judging people by something they cannot control, but I still find it funny. Heck, event that Baby's Got Her Blue Jeans On song is similar. I find it funny too, in a different kind of way, but women would be rightly offended to be judged by the shape of their butts (although many are concerned about the shape of their butts).

And yes, I find going up to a woman that is making an effort to display what God gave here and telling her thanks for the mammories very funny. Geeze, am I crude or evil? Could be, but it is still funny. No, I don't have the guts to do it. There is nothing more embarrassing than getting your butt kicked by a woman. Man, that is sexist in itself. Someone stop me!!!

Crap, I'm Old
I am watching a replay of the Tennessee/Ohio football game. Several times they have shown the cheerleaders. Each time I look at them I am amazed that those girls are in college and not high school. They look like kids, dang gummit. This really throws a wrench in my plans to become a dirty old man.

Woman Shopping
I read a friends blog where he was looking for single ladies in his area on myspace. That is certainly something I am sure people do, but I find it scary. After all, everyone on myspace are nuts. As you all know, I am loyal to my wife and kids, but if I had ever considered finding someone else, I don't know where to look, certainly not bars. I had several past girlfriends get in touch with me after all the craziness started with my family, but blew them off pretty quick. I am not even sure why they turn up, but I suspect it has something to do with the psychic uterus theory I proposes in a blog long ago.

Strange Audio Collection
I have recently started expanding my audio collection, which include favorite songs as well as old time radio shows. There is more too it than just that. There are comedy clips from standup comedians as well as clips from television shows. What is really unique is some of the old news broadcasts from World War II. A lot of this can be found at archive.org, at least the old stuff. Possibly the weirdest things are audio clips from World War II that are in German.

Now, you may ask yourself what would you do with such a mesh mash of sound. Well, I listen to it in a very interesting way. I finally ran across a music player for linux that does a good job of handling a large library of sound. It also allows criteria to be set as to what should play. So, I listen to a random mix of my favorite songs mixed in with other things, mostly short old news casts. It sounds strange, but it is interesting to hear what people heard on the radio back during World War II. Imagine how shocking it would be to turn on your radio tomorrow and find out Guam had been attacked or hear about our troops marching through Europe. It is a very interesting experience and having music playing most of the time causes it to be that much more interesting. I don't get bored with it. You never know what will come up.



No comments:

Followers