Friday, September 11, 2009

Deep Thoughts


Deep Thoughts
Lately I have found it very difficult to blog. I have been suffering from a serious cranial rectal impaction, namely I had my head up my butt. I kind of forgot how I got started blogging, which was just as a way to think through life. I think I need to do that again. Life has been very complex lately, which goes against my grain. I suppose the frequency of my blogging is inversely proportional to the depth of my head. Hopefully that will improve.

Philosophical Moments
Never get in a fight slinging pooh. Nobody will come up smelling like roses.

There are stupid people in this world. Try not to be one of them.

It doesn't matter what Confucius said. Look at where it got him.

The Information Superhighway
It occurred to me recently that it is possible to get run over on the information superhighway. How you ask? Well, there is so much information out there, it is really hard to pick out what is worth looking at. Think about it. Are you able to pick out what that most valuable information is? You think you can! Well, think about it. You are reading this.

RSS
What is RSS? You can find out more from the link, but it is basically a way to have information you are interested in sent to you when it becomes available. Think of it as e-mail. In fact, my e-mail program has a plugin that collects my RSS feeds. It is one of the ways I avoid getting run over on the information superhighway. I use it for various things including getting the news, financial information, and monitoring blogs. Yes, my blogs are available over RSS. On myspace you can see in the top right a link labled RSS. If you clink on that link, you may just see a bunch of XML or your browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari,...) may format the information for you. The URL (address) of this page is what you put in your RSS reader to register for updates.

Where can you get an RSS reader? Well, google has an online reader that is pretty cool. It is also integrated well with blogger.com, but you can view myspace RSS blog feeds in it too. I am registering for a lot of information there.

(Stuff)MyDadSays
This is something I ran across on twitter and the subject of a previous blog. When I put something in parens it is because I substituted a word. In the case of this topic, it is to reduce profanity. (StuffMyDadSays) is very profane and very funny. Here is a quote edited for profane content.

"Why the (heck) would I want to live to 100? I'm 73 and (life's) starting to get boring. By the way, there's no money left when I go, just fyi."

Yes, I have become a twit and that is how I ran across it. It is another way I am filtering information. You can get tweets if you are a twit that can notify you of new stuff much the same as RSS.

News
I read a story where some Brits discovered that weight gain in adults is caused by a lack of self esteem in our youth. Wow, way to go Einstein. Someone finally figured out that we tend to eat to forget our troubles. I do wish I had thought of that. This is an article that I ran across in google reader. I enjoyed it. You can learn a lot just by cruising through the titles of articles.

Bedtime
Well, I wrote this because I was having trouble sleeping. I am feeling more sleepy now and I have achieved my goal. I have actually written a blog, no matter how disorganized it may seem.

Goodnight,
 Steve


No comments:

Followers